Assam TET 2021
Member Secretary, Empowered Committee on Elementary TET, Government of Assam has released the notification for most awaited Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) – 2021 for Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP) level for the state of Assam. Assam TET 2021 is going to be held on 24th October 2021 and online application process is being started from 15th September 2021.
In provision of Section 23 of the RTE Act – 2009, Government of Assam has decided to conduct the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) 2021 for both Lower Primary and Upper Primary level for the state of Assam. TET 2021 will be held as per the guidelines laid down by NCTE and all eligible permanent resident candidates of Assam may apply for Paper I( Lower Primary) and Paper II ( Upper Primary) of TET.
Table of Content (toc)
Important Dates of Assam TET Exam 2021
- Starting date of submission of online application: 15th September 2021
- Last date of submission of online application: 25th September 2021
- Issue of TET Admit Card: 10th October 2021
- Date of TET Examination 2021: 24th October 2021
Assam TET Exam Details
- Name of exam: Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) 2021
- Name of department: Department of Education, Government of Assam
- Date of exam: 24th October 2021
- No of papers: 2, Paper I (Lower Primary) and Paper II (Upper Primary)
- Duration of examination: 2 and 1/2 hours (For each paper)
- Type of exam: Offline
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Negative marking: Nil
- Medium of question paper/s: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English
- Validity of Mark sheet cum Certificate of TET: Lifetime
- Application mode: Online
- Helpline Number: 8929207668
- Official Website: https://ssa.assam.gov.in
Eligibility Criteria of Assam TET Exam
Lower Primary TET (Classes I to V)
Upper Primary TET (Classes VI to VIII)
- Relaxation up to 5 % in the academic marks in HSSLC or Graduation shall be applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD(PH) to appear in TET (The degree of handicap in case of PH candidates should be minimum 40% and to be certified by the competent authority) both for Paper-| (LP Level) and Paper-ll (UP Level).
- For Paper-I (LP Level) relaxation up to 5 % in HSSLC marks shall be applicable for candidates who were admitted in 2- Year D.EI.Ed before 31/08/2009 as per NCTE Notification No. F.51-1/2009-NCTE (N&S) dated 31% August 2009 and qualified 2-Year D.El.Ed subsequently.
- For Paper-ll (UP Level) relaxation up to 5 % in Graduation marks shall be applicable for candidates who were admitted in 1-Year B.Ed. before 31/08/2009 as per NCTE Notification No. F.51-1/2009-NCTE (N&S) dated 31% August 2009 and qualified 1-Year B.Ed. subsequently.
Minimum Marks to Qualify in TET
- A candidate is required to score 60 % i.e. 90 marks out of 150 to qualify the Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET). However, for SC/ST (Hills)/ST (Plain)/OBC/MOBC/PWD (PH), there will be relaxation of 5 %. Thus, for these candidates, qualifying marks will be 83 out of 150 i.e. 55 % .
Examination Fee of Assam TET
- Candidates who intend to appear in both the papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II will have to pay the fee for both the papers separately and will have to submit Online Application accordingly at one go.
- Candidates must pay the examination fee through online mode only.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
How to apply for Assam TET ?How to apply for Assam TET ?
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section.
- Click on Online Application link.
- A new web page will be opened, click on Registration button.
- Read all the instructions given on the webpage and click on Next button.
- Enter all your personal and educational details as required.
- Upload your passport sized photograph and signature.
- Pay the examination fee as per your category and at the end click on submit button.
- Don’t forget to take a print of submitted application form.